You will need to have a website with PHP support. You can have PHP4 or PHP5, it doesn't really matter, the script will work fine. You don't need a MySQL database - why bother for such a simple task?
- Download the latest version zip file
- Unzip the files at your local machine
- Decide where you will be uploading phpFastNews files to at your site. You can upload them in any folder or even in the home folder. I would recommend to create a separate folder, name it fastnews for example
- Have a look at the fastnews-conf.php file. You will need to set at least 2 things:
- your password at line 3
- the fastnews-code.php file URL (it should be something like http://www.yoursite.com/fastnews/fastnews-code.php). It depends on your step 3, i.e. where you will be installing phpFastNews.
- Upload the files to the place decided in step 3.
- You need to set the fastnews-data.txt writable by your script so make chmod 666 command for this file.
- Now you can have the news section imbedded into any PHP page at your website. Just put this code in a place you want it to appear:
<?php include_once( '/path-to-fastnews-folder/fastnews-code.php' ); $fn = new fastNews(); echo $fn->display(); ?>